Ipswich Grammar School specialises in boys' education from
Prep to Year 12.
While honouring its heritage and traditions, the school is future focussed. It offers an inspiring, modern and technologically-rich learning environment and has an enviable reputation for intellectual leadership, innovation, and academic achievement.
Ipswich Grammar employs about 185 staff across academic and non-academic support areas. The school prides its success largely on this outstanding team and their commitment to boys' educational and pastoral development.
We believe Ipswich Grammar School is an employer of choice because of our focus on providing staff with equal opportunities and a family-friendly workplace. Staff are treated as professionals and complete annual reviews which aim to improve not only their professional development but also personal development.
There are a number of benefits available to staff at Ipswich Grammar School, many of which exceed those provided by the National Employment Standards (NES):
- Additional payment above salary for participating in the extra-curricular program
- Access to Employer Contributions when voluntary contributions are made
- Ability to cash out Long Service Leave pro-rata after seven years
- 14 weeks of paid Maternity Leave exclusive of School Holidays
- Two weeks of paid Paternity Leave exclusive of School Holidays
- Significant school fee discount for permanent staff who have son(s) enrolled at IGS
- Professional Development Week dedicated to the wellbeing of staff and further professional development
- Access to ongoing Professional Learning and Leadership Development Programs
- Two days Personal Leave for emergent issues
- Opportunity to take on additional responsibilities for experience and shadowing
- Staff Wellbeing Program
- Access to counselling services provided by our Access EAP Program and onsite School Counsellor
Employment opportunities will be advertised on this page and on SEEK when they become available. Applicants should include a cover letter and curriculum vitae including the names of at least two professional referees. All applications will be treated with the
strictest of confidence.
Ipswich Grammar School is committed to ensuring all employees and candidates are treated in accordance with Equal Employment Opportunity standards during employment and throughout the recruitment process.
ICT Assistant (Level 1 & 2 Help Desk)
School Clothing Store Assistant